Doug's Production Diary 06







Sunday, May 22, 2005

Alarm went off at 4:20am and: shot out of bed, totally energized. Got down to 'Bica at 5:00am- no one around in this ghost town so I rehearsed my lines before anyone else arrived.

By 6am our cast and crew were on set. My taut rope idea worked perfectly for Wishes' office area. This was the first scene we did inside.

The very first stuff we did was Dolly pulling her car around and stomping around inside. Took about 5 takes of each sequence: it looks incredible.

Then the acting began.

Dan Harvey blew us away with his portrayal of Wishes!

From my perspective, I really felt like a director: Running around checking camera angles, pep talking actors and crew, costume change coordinating, coming up with creative solutions on the fly--I love it all!

Our shoot went until noon, and everyone was exhausted but totally psyched. Mostly just did Harvey and Giovanna, both of whom looked and sounded great.

Brett, Tony, Dan and I had lunch together and then all fell asleep watching dailies, which were also sweet.

Watching the difference between out-takes and the transformation into character was amazing.

All in all, the best day of my life.

I can't wait to keep going!!